Where are We? HO, GHANA

Where are We?          HO, GHANA
Click anywhere on map for more detail. Also, to send items to post, email to: tnjmadsen.africaparents@blogger.com

Monday, August 11, 2008

August 11, 2008

This week we did get to teach the Factory people again. I think that out of 25, there are two that seem interested and we will go again tonight with the Elders to teach them. That will be our family home evening. ha ha . Rained a lot more this week, soon it will switch and begin to be dry. Friday I fell in a pot hole as we walked our usual walk in the morning. I was waving to two little boys, they were sitting on a log eating their corn on the cob. The corn on the cob here is not good. We bought some and boiled it . They sell it on the streets, but they broil it. Elder Rideing said it was good but we haven't tried it that way yet. Anyway. I twisted my ankle on the left and bruised my knee on the right and both hands. Plus left arm. Now how did I do all that anyway I was dirty because it was muddy on the street and we walked home a little slower. Thank goodness for Ibuprofen and time. Today we walked a again and it didn't bother me so time goes on. This week we got caught up on some reading and Charles always finds time to look up BYU information etc. He doesn't have sewing or other things to do when it rains like I do. I can always find something to do. This week I did a personal marathon ha ha for myself. I played every song in the song book straight from page 68 til the end. It took me over an hour. Sunday I started from page one and played to 68... It was fun for me. I like to change the tones and play different instruments on the keyboard.






Sunday we went to church at Tisto, (sounds like cheeso) it is a village 12 miles towards Accra from here. It was on the main road in a stucco house. When I say shell of a house I mean it is just walls of cement and floor of cement , on window planes just open to the weather , a door. It is used for the one members office, but there are about 25 people approx. that meet there every other sunday for church. The Pres. of the HO branch took a van full of HO members , plus three of us misssionaries down there for a sacrament meeting. The people that come know their religion and some of them come into the HO branch 1 or 2 times a month to church.. They have no transportation and so must ride a tro-tro and they can't afford to do that very often. Oh how blessed you are. It was a good meeting. People are so nice. I wish things could be better for them all. What a great experience this is. The gospel is true here also. I am sending this much now as my partner is calling me to come for other things. Love you all

No comments: