Where are We? HO, GHANA

Where are We?          HO, GHANA
Click anywhere on map for more detail. Also, to send items to post, email to: tnjmadsen.africaparents@blogger.com

Monday, August 25, 2008

August 25, 2008

Time is marching on for us all. Another year older now. God bless you all with good things. We are doing our African thing. It is a wonderful experience for us. Last week I didn't get an e-mail sent. We were gone on Tues. to our District meetings and on Wed. and Thurs. two of the Branch boys came over both days for six hours working on the computer for the institute and seminary gradutation things etc. We couldn't get our turn on our computer. We had to give a class on Marriage on Thurs. night and so we spent a good deal of time studying on Wed and Thurs while the two boys were here at our house. We had no choice but to be here . We did okay at our class. They loved what we said and done. I drew pictures and comments on the chalk board while Charles talked about certain subjects and then I did more on the chalk board when I talked about certain subjects. Boy did they get into question and answer session on being overly domineering as a man and more than one wife and on and on. It was a very interesting evening. We will give another lesson on the family eventually. I'm sure that it will be very interesting too because there is a lot of child beating. It is a way far behind country as far as traditions and beliefs. Friday we went to Missionary interviews at Asahama, we left early in the morning as we had to be there by 9:00. We didn't get home until evening. I had to drive part way home, I don't mind when it is light and I can see the road good. Charles just gets too tired to drive back. We share all experiences ha ha. He had to give a talk again on Sunday and so we ha ha studied for that. I 'm glad he values my opinon again ha ha. Life is good. Our tap just broke this week when I turned it on in the kitchen to start dinner. It squirted all over me and the wall and the floor. I just called the near by plumber (ha ha) Charles, and he came right in and fixed it. We have had so much trouble with it and the little Branch plumber has come several times to fix it (this is Africa and the little plumber is Africa) yup it just doesn't work very long. Anyway Charles came in turned all the water off , took off the old tap and put the old one back on that we had kept and it works better now. Then the drawer had broken that the silverware is in and so Charles fixed that too and we were both mighty happy that we could carry on for another day. ha ha. It is all good . Now if we could just figure out how to solve the fridge problem. Complain, complain, murmur, murmur. It just makes us appreciate how good we have it in America. We are happy and the work is true. We are anxious for you all and pray that good things will come to you all. Just take care of each other and be good to yourselves. ha ha . It has rained today for a few minutes, what's new? The two Elders came over early today to wash Bro. Sidwell's car. He had given a talk on Sunday on kindness and they said they just wanted to be kind. ha ha. They used the computer and I fixed them lunch, and then Charles took them home. I think they were just bored on their p-day. They are good Elders and are glad to have them here with us. We really get attached to the Elders when they are here. This past week I decided to help the women and young women in the HO Branch, they said, Sis Sidwell we want to learn to Crochet and knit. I thought and thought about it and know I couldn't do it alone. I needed lots of help. I e-mailed a few people about sending me hooks and thread. Boy did they all come through with flying colors. Thanks to all of you that are working on our project. I couldn't do it without you. I have recieved word that things are being sent. Pray they all get here. Another happy thing happened this week. I got confirmation from Salt Lake that the keyboard that I had ordered for a boy here in the Branch is on it's way. The mission home called and they had recieved confirmation and then I got a personal e-mail also from them. It just shows me that people really do care about people. I love you all for your efforts . Another week has gone by, 6months have now gone by and we are on the down hill of a year. It is so at home here now that it seens like we have been here longer than that. The church is true

No comments: