Where are We? HO, GHANA

Where are We?          HO, GHANA
Click anywhere on map for more detail. Also, to send items to post, email to: tnjmadsen.africaparents@blogger.com

Monday, October 27, 2008

October 27, 2008 (FROM BRENEN, INCLUDING PHOTOS)

dear fam ya I went to the blog its cool I can't send you the pics right now cuz I was putting other ones up. I got mom’s birthday present and some letters from you all that was nice. got to be 100 at least everyday. but good news we got water in the house for the first time in 10 days. we were using the hose and the rain.. once. to shower. this week was kind of a depressing week for me I would not want to lie to yalls. it was hard from a work standpoint. also it was really really hard for me to love the people. pretty much all the 4 other missionaries who are constantly around us don’t really like my comp. and alot has to do with the culture cuz he’s Latin and were all American. I've had Latin comps for almost 9 months in a row now and its really different. It was hard to love the people here though cuz there really simple and don’t understand alot of stuff and they just talk about alot of stuff that I just cant relate to. I also had the worst church attendance that I’ve had in my mission. ha with that said we can only go up. Don’t get me wrong I'm not down I’m just a little lost there’s alot of stuff to keep track of and a lot of responsibility here. were preparing the people in our wards to go to the temple the next months and I’ve been teaching the classes so that’s been fun. I really like teaching in big groups in front of people cuz I feel I can be more like myself and interact. It’s so hard to be yourself in another language ha. I have pics. They are of Concepcion and my comp our church a few members and investigators and some shrines to the virgin.

There's a pic of the court that they play sports on and it was amazing to see I wish you could see it better but there were a million beetles no joke its straight out of the safari channel or something I looked out side and thought it was raining there was so many.


well I’m doing good, there is always work for improvement...I saw a miracle once again with healing, we gave a sister a blessing here she was really weak and dizzy and had no energy to work and she was healed instantly by the power of the priesthood.. you will be in my prayers always love Brenen

No comments: