Where are We? HO, GHANA
Monday, December 15, 2008
December 15, 2008
Another week, another story ha ha...today is p-day, we cleaned , even the windows, there is so much dust on everything. They say it's the Harmatron, they say it will last six months and then be rainy again. Yuck. It is Africa slow here. Power on and off. Only a drip of filtered water in kitchen tap...the usual. Dad took his two suits to be altered. I said only take one just in case. Here in Africa who knows...sure enough he took two and two look like...He has gone now to take them back to see if they can do them right...Well we got the two new missionaries, Elder Nsimbi, 23, from Uganda and Elder Ankormah, l9, from Cape Coast... Both really nice and know the gospel well...It is harder for me to fix something for them to eat...I don't cook Africa food, just American...They like peanut butter and jam...good thing...The classes on knitting and crocheting are going on good...The sisters are excited....there are two that are left handed....the older sister has come to me three times...yesterday after church...and needs me to help her...I have been practicing to cast on left handed but I can't seem to get the left hand knitting yet...She is coming along okay... Haven't heard much from some of you lately... surely you have been doing something you can share. It is Christmas next week...it is so different for me this year...only one little 5 dollar Christmas tree on a small table with a green wash cloth for the tree skirt. Oh yes, there is one red Christmas stocking hanging from the table as decoration... we are giving presents...we have to save our money for other things... it's okay because we will remember better why we celebrate Christmas anyway. We had a temple trip for the new converts and priesthood holders etc. on Friday... Dad and I were going to go down on the tro-tro with them...but there wasn't room so we stayed home... They had rented the tro-tro (van) with air conditioning that holds l2-l4 people but there was l7 . Dad and I would have been l9...they crammed them in and went off...I had made three loafs of banana bread for them and dad bought the water for them to take...They had a wonderful trip doing baptism for the dead and then got to see the Christmas lights at the temple...it was a good experience for the new people...Everyday there is something new or different experiences, even if it's just meeting someone different etc. Well I know things are going on with each of you in your different families. Let us know, we live for news ha ha....This is short but we do want to wish you all a MERRY CHRISTMAS... and hope you are being wise on how you spend your money... you may need it for a rainy day.. Love you all mom and dad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment