
We are getting pretty used to things now, our house is very plain and simple , there are a couple of the couple homes that are very nice, ours is not one ha ha but it will be okay, we have lived in worse ones. We are getting used to hot or cold water and the power going out now and then, all the taxis, bugs.
The other night, we hardly slept because Fridays and Saturdays are when they celebrate deaths and there was a funeral on Friday here on the corner and then in the church around the corner and above us was where they sang and music and all sorts of noise until dawn. It is strange here because at funerals is where they drink and sing and play music for two days. They don't cry, they party. Some weddings are like that too, except the groom has to pay the family of the bride, parents, grandparatents , aunts , uncle etc. before he can marry the bride. It's a tradition and that's why so many just live together and don't marry. Most of the men are so poor they can't afford the women. Crazy....... Yesterday we went over to the Church, I got out of the car, it was parked by the cinderblock fence and as I walked by a lizard fell into my hair and then down on the back of my shirt. I couldn't get it off. At the time I didn't know what it was and I was wiggling around trying to get what ever it was off and Charles, who is always way ahead of me just stood there and watched, finally a woman passing by took a stick and got it off. Needless to say it scared me, cause I didn't know what had attacted me. ha, ha. Oh the woes of me. ha ha, Tell those older teens to e-mail me and tell me what they are doing. I miss you all. Dad has gone off with the Missionareis for an hour while I type e-mails. I said as long as you are here before dark. Too many strange things going on. Love you all.
No comments:
Post a Comment